[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sat Feb 18 18:35:42 UTC 2012

  >Not sure exactly what you want to do. If you want to add all your tracks to the current playlist Menu->Quick Playlists->All Tracks.

  I tried that, doesn’t seem to do anything.  Of coarse all tracks in “All Tracks” in the “Select Music” section are de-selected, so that could have something to do with it.  That was part of my “I don’t want to have to try to go through al select 5000 tracks” comment.

  >If you want to navigate your music in a tree similar to the old MythMusic then Menu->Switch View->Playlist Editor - Tree then use the tree to add or replace tracks in the current playlist. You can >navigate the tree anyway you want so if you wanted to add all the tracks by Pink Floyd with a rating of 8 then you would go Artist->Pink Floyd->Ratings->8 Stars and selecting it will give you the >chose to add or replace the matching tracks in the playlist (believe me it's easier to use than describe).

  While in Media Library –> Listen to Music, Menu->Switch View->Playlist Editor – Tree seems to have no effect (in fact none of the options in the menu seem to do much of anything).  All I get is a scrollable list on the top with any tracks I have selected while in Setup –> Select Music.  The bottom has the player itself.

  What I’m looking for is for MythMusic to just display my folder hierarchy like it used to.  None of the Album, Artist, etc displays work very well (especially with mixed albums like sound tracks) so I went to great lengths to organize my music into folders the way I wanted it.