[mythtv-users] warning for anyone with western digital green drives

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 05:54:06 UTC 2012

> What kind of awful 1U does NOT ship with a hardware RAID and better disks? If there is such a 1U, you did this to yourself.  If you are so committed to racked hardware, then stop messing around and get a Compaq DL380 3U.

   Interesting. Does that come in a tower version?

Here's a link to the tower model version G5,the ml 370. http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12478_na/12478_na.HTML

I don't know what the current G[7-10?] model is, but that should get you started.  Pay extra for the multi cpu, dual power supply.  Awesome hardware and strong management tools.  Last round of warranty service was a while ago, but it was still very good at the time.  Dell is cheaper, but oh do the service people like me pay over and again for the few bucks saved on the front end.