[mythtv-users] warning for anyone with western digital green drives

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:42:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Anthony Vito <anthony.vito at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM, PJR <pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Anthony, thanks I'll look into it.  Real problem is when to run it due
>> to how the FE/BE starts and stops. If such jobs could be added to the
>> myth schedule similar to recordings ie put system to sleep and wake up
>> by RTC alarm, then this would be easy.
>
> I don't understand. A User Job will execute after a recording
> completes. The backend is guaranteed to be up, it just finished a
> recording. The User Job can copy the file to a backup device. Once the
> User Job ends, the backend is free to go to sleep again. So depending
> on how fast your backup device is, the backend might be "up" an extra
> minute or two.

Replying to myself.... Honestly there should be built in Job. It's at
least as import as "Transcode" and "Commercial Flagging". A built in
Job named "Backup Recording" or "Copy Recording" would be awesome.
Could even be made a bit more complex allowing a backend -> backend
copy with meta-data.... Separate backend instances sharing programs
... mmmm... I think I know why it's not built in now. We should delete
this thread immediately.

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com