[mythtv-users] Setting up HDHomeRun Prime on 0.25

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Thu Feb 16 03:27:49 UTC 2012

I have been trying to set up my HDHomeRun Prime tuner with cable card on
my Mythbuntu system which is running the 0.25 branch and I'm having some
issues and also have some questions.

First of all, I am following
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
and the point where I start having issues is adding the channels from
listing source.  I've configured the Comcast Digital line up for my area
and I can select it when setting up the source but when I connect the
input source connection and click on "Fetch channels from listing
source" it just freezes for a few seconds and then returns without
adding anything.

Additionally I am a little confused on how mythtv handles the prime
tuner.  I am able to use the config_gui on my MacBook and tune channels
in using VLC but, of course, the channels are listed by physical
channels and then program streams so what I'm trying to figure out is
exactly how mythtv handles these channels.  When I do a channel scan to
add channels mythtv ends up adding channels such as 28-4 which won't
line up with the channels I am getting from SchedulesDirect.  I'd
appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me as I really haven't
found much on the net explaining how these work.

Thanks!