[mythtv-users] MythTv BE/FE go to sleep but doesn't wake up

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:00:41 UTC 2012

I'd check that your clock is counting time correctly. I've seen
hardware problems that make a clock go abnormally fast or slow.

With NTPd disabled, sync the time manually (I use the 'ntpdate'
command, your distro may vary). Then power off, wait about and hour
and boot and sync again (ntpdate will tell you exactly how far it had
to step the clock, which eliminates any math). If it's lost or gained
more than a handful of seconds, you have a hardware problem.