[mythtv-users] DVB recordings fail with: 'Warning: Unsupported bandwidth parameter'

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Feb 13 19:38:06 UTC 2012

On 13/02/12 17:50, John Pilkington wrote:

> Glad you got there in the end.  You might find it useful to save the
> mythtvsetup terminal output from an 'all known transports' scan once you
> have a good set of transports - although I don't think that at present
> there's a supported way of reentering much of the info.

I dumped out the dtv_multiplex table as a csv file. Even if I can't reload it,
all the information will be there if I have to (ahem) patch the table manually
in future.

> To use my laptop at another site I'm intending to load up info for all
> transports at all relevant sites and then just delete all channels and
> rescan the appropriate transports on arrival.  It might work...

I don't know how the re-write of the scanner will work. It could be that storing
the location information in the table, and then just bringing up a list, sorted
by location, and allowing you to tick the transmitters you wanted, might be the
answer.

That would probably be too UK-specific a modification to make it worth while, I
suspect. We'll see. Can't be worse than what we have already, can it?

--

Mike Perkins