[mythtv-users] mythjobqueue commflagging startup delay?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 11 18:05:03 UTC 2012

>>> 2012-02-11 10:30:25.451068 C  mythcommflag version: master [v0.25pre-4426-g52d2827] www.mythtv.org
>>> 2012-02-11 10:40:54.519037 I  Finding Logo
>> I believe there is an intentional 10 minute delay when running
>> commercial flagging live behind a recording.
> For whatever reason, the commflagger wants to wait by default until at
> least 624 seconds has recorded until starting logo detection.  See the
> calculation of commDetectLogoSecondsNeeded in ClassicLogoDetector.cpp.

Because the logo detection code requires a significant number of frames
to accurately identify any logos to use for logo detection.

If it's really a problem for you, disable logo detection commercial
detection method.  Or, feel free to try out the gpu-commflag branch,
which has an unfinished rewrite of commercial detection, which includes
a different logo detection algorithm that tries to identify logos
without having to scan a huge number of frames.  But note that that
branch isn't expected to work, so it's probably a bit premature for bug
reports.

Mike