[mythtv-users] Mythtv freezes with Hd Homerun

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 11 02:45:56 UTC 2012

I just bought a new HdHomerun (HDHR3-US), installed in a test box with
upgraded MythDora, updated firmware to the latest (20120128), followed
instructions here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun

It scans OK (finds all the local stations), then when I try LiveTv it
tunes the first channel perfectly.  The next channel freezes x-windows
with either a completely black screen or puts up the station info on a
black screen (channel number, show name, resolution, etc.).  The only
way out seems to be a reboot.

I've tried it a bunch of times with different default channels...some
work, some don't.  Sometimes a channel that failed earlier works on a
later try.  What did I miss?