[mythtv-users] Rebooting master results in slave not connected

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Feb 10 22:03:01 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 7:05 AM, Andy Sheen wrote:

> Mark Boyum wrote on Thu 09 Feb at 21:45 UK time

>> Those much better at scripting than I am could probably automate
>> checking for disconnected backends and restart them without any user
>> intervention.
>>

> If anyone is interested in how to do this on Ubuntu, it's 3 scripts (two
> upstart scripts and one cron job), the longest of which is 20 or so
> lines including comments. If people want to know how to do this, please
> contact me off line or point me at a wiki page I can update.
>
> Note I'm on 23.1 at the moment that doesn't appear to have the
> mythtv-status command but it works fine with mythtvshutdown -c.

Or one simple script;
Set your "Slave Backend Wake Command" to a script, lets call it mywake.sh.
Mywake.sh pings the slave backend, if ping is successful, restart
mythbackend via ssh, if unsuccessful use WOL to wake the slave backend.
You would need to configure ssh login without password, and sudo
privileges on slave to restart mythtv-backend process.

Regards,
Michael