[mythtv-users] FCC proposal

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:20:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 07:30, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> The cable companies won't do it, though, because it means loss of
> control.  There's no way to enforce Copy Once/Copy Never CCI flags in
> this scheme.

As much as we (and I) like to blame the cablecos, on this
one, they are often a victim of the contractual obligations
that they have to sign to get the content.  The only way
to not enforce Copy Once/Never is to not sign contracts
that require it.  I can just see Comcast taking such a
principled stand against HBO's requirements and removing
HBO from their lineup.  NOT!