[mythtv-users] exclude single channel from recording rule?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 19:10:43 UTC 2012

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>I'm sure a custom rule will work as long as you include something
>like WHERE chanid != X in your query with the other appropriate SQL

That's the way I'd do it.
The power search is very powerful, giving access to raw SQL -
although it does need knowledge of SQL to drive it.

One of my rules is :
   (program.title like 'CSI%' and not program.title like 'CSI: NY%')
   AND (channel.callsign like 'FIVE%' or channel.callsign = 'Channel 5')

For the OP, I'd think :
   program.title = 'Sports program I like to watch'
   and not channel.callsign = 'Local Channel'
would do it - obviously changing the text strings to match. The
example above should give enough to create slightly more complicated
rules.

--
Simon Hobson