[mythtv-users] exclude single channel from recording rule?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:10:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> On 2/9/12 12:52 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> I know one way to avoid recording these is to have separate recording
>> rules for the channels I do want to record on, but I'm wondering if
>> there is a way to "exclude" this one channel from the general rule?
>>

> You could just assign this one channel a lower priority than the channel
> that carries the games. In 0.24, this is in mythtv-setup.
>
> Or, if the channel that does carry the games and the one that does not are
> on different inputs (like cable vs. OTA), you could tell your recording rule
> to prefer a particular input.

the priority would work if the same game was being shown on another
channel which was not blacked out, it is not.

all are on the same input.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure a custom rule will work as long as you include something like WHERE
> chanid != X in your query with the other appropriate SQL

what I was afraid of =P
I'll have to look into how to make a custom rule that matches the
built-in rule but with this added.
thanks!

--
Steve