[mythtv-users] Using mythlink.pl in a system event.

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:56:49 UTC 2012

I have used mythlink as a cronjob and like you ran it once a night. I
started adding it to the tail end of my job when I started plugging my
converted recordings back into the database. It seemed like the thing to do
;) Since I play the recordings from the link name I was concerned that it
might case playback issues if a generic mythlink run happened during
playback. My conversion from mpeg2 to mp4 only takes 5 or 6  minutes for a
half hour program so a recording is ready very quickly and we often want to
watch them. Turns out a mythlink run doesn't have any effect at least so
far and I just created a cronjob to run every 10 minutes.

It doesn't seem to have any effect.