[mythtv-users] Backend log stopped logging

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 21:45:07 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 03:56 PM, William Otten wrote:
> I just noticed my backend log stopped logging as of 1/21/12. What can I
> do to remedy this?

You'd need to provide some more information--at minimum, which MythTV
version you're using (and, probably, which distro/packages)--for us to
do more than guess, but it's likely a problem with either file system
permissions or you upgraded to unstable/development code without reading
about what's changed/configuring for the new version.

Once you fix the underlying problem, just restart mythbackend, and
you'll have log files.

Mike