[mythtv-users] mythcommflag stuck at 100% CPU time.

Andrew McCauley ajmccauley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:33:07 UTC 2012

Hi All,

My combined FE/BE running .24-Fixes seems to have run into an issue with
commflagging a particular recording.  It is showing that the process is
using 100% of one of my cores since last night.  Here is the output from
top:
10773 mythtv    37  17 1204m 632m 3012 S  100 16.3   2113:08 mythcommflag

In mythweb it shows the commflag job is at 0% at 0 fps.

I tried to look in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log* but did not see
anything that seemed to indicate anything wrong with commflagging.
Although I am not sure I knew what I was looking for.

My question is: How can I safely stop the commflagging?  Can I simply kill
the process?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Andrew