[mythtv-users] User Job to rip subtitles from each program

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:30:13 UTC 2012

On 7 February 2012 01:44, David Crawford <davidcrawford83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 February 2012 01:05, David Crawford <davidcrawford83 at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Looks like the relevant method in the Python bindings simply doesn't
>>> suppose those specific values.  The only reason I can think of is that
>>> the Program object comprises of data from the backend, while those
>>> values would have required pulling additional information from the
>>> database.  Something I had planned to fix, but never got around to and
>>> forgot about.
>>>
>>> Due to restructuring in the bindings since then, doing that now would
>>> result in a circular dependency issue.
>>>

>> No way, so I could of come this far for nothing? :S
>>
>> The recordings ive tested on are actually different files from what the
>> metadata suggests, i renamed other recordings that were on the backend
>> earlier but had no subtitles. Could this be an issue?
>>
>> anyway to give a quick test using mythlink.pl or something like that?
>>

> Does anyone else have the problem in mythlink or nuvexport using %cN or
> %cn that they only get the channel id?

Hi,

In mythlink.pl %cN seems to work fine. Shouldn't this mean it should work
(in the above stated python script)? or is it as Raymond said a python
binding issue (not 100%sure if i understand what that is)? If it is, is
there anyway around this - a separate script for example? I really need the
subtitles to show the channel name for what i'm trying to do. Please help!
:(

Dave