[mythtv-users] User Job to rip subtitles from each program

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:05:59 UTC 2012

On 7 February 2012 00:55, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 2/6/2012 19:18, David Crawford wrote:
> > %cN and %cn should give the channel name and number respectively but
> > instead give channel id and then the letter N or n as if it only
> > recognises "c" for mythtv channel id. Any ideas as to why it might be
> > doing this?
>
> Looks like the relevant method in the Python bindings simply doesn't
> suppose those specific values.  The only reason I can think of is that
> the Program object comprises of data from the backend, while those
> values would have required pulling additional information from the
> database.  Something I had planned to fix, but never got around to and
> forgot about.
>
> Due to restructuring in the bindings since then, doing that now would
> result in a circular dependency issue.

No way, so I could of come this far for nothing? :S

The recordings ive tested on are actually different files from what the
metadata suggests, i renamed other recordings that were on the backend
earlier but had no subtitles. Could this be an issue?

anyway to give a quick test using mythlink.pl or something like that?