[mythtv-users] what table in the mythdb connects the channel to the source ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:50:52 UTC 2012

On 5 February 2012 08:52, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> btw, this brings me to my original question.
>
> Does anybody know which table connects the sources to the channels ?

Each configured channel (in the `channel` table) has a sourceid field
that maps to one of the video sources defined in the `videosource`
table.

You likely want to create a new video source and new channels whilst
configuring your new TV service, and then associate the new video
source with an existing card input when you are ready to test.

MythTV may warn that you have an unconnected videosource(s) - once you
have got everything working the way you want it, delete the old video
source and associated channels to keep your config clean.

Using the channel editor in MFE/mythweb is the preferred option to do
this, but sometimes the direct approach (or using the in-development
services API) makes everything so much simpler and quicker.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott