[mythtv-users] Communication between front & back end - New install

Jesse jesseflint63 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:37:09 UTC 2012

Did a complete new install on new hard drive partition. Installed from
DVD included in magazine Linux Identity Starter (current issue). This
was my third attempt. ON the first try I was able to watch and record
video from the remote DVD player plugged into my capture card. But then
had to replace the hard drive. Next attempt kept getting IP address
should be checked, or no NPuP...  I have many hours into this. Anyways I
started over again thinking if I just installed MythBuntu first it
should help. repartioned the drive, giving windows xp 25% of the drive
then installed MythBuntu.

Same results...  can't communicate to server check IP address. the
newness is wearing off. I was fairly excited anticipating being able to
use the computer to record TV. (Don't use cable just over the air
broadcast.)

This is a single computer install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks