[mythtv-users] Tuner Card

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 16:44:38 UTC 2012

Robert Walton wrote:

>I'm new to this. I've got Mythbuntu running on a machine. I need a
>tuner card. I'm going to be connecting antenna TV. In the future, I
>might go back to satellite TV.

As Richard says, you need to consider a) what type of signals you
get, and b) what type of interfaces you have.
Then visit
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information and see
what's available for that combination.

Just an FYI, mostly it's not a case of "what does MythTV support ?".
Mostly, if a device is supported in Linux (see above link) then Myth
will use it.

--
Simon Hobson