[mythtv-users] User Job to rip subtitles from each program

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Feb 3 20:32:20 UTC 2012

On 2/3/2012 15:18, Doug Lytle wrote:
> David Crawford wrote:
>> if len(sys.argv) != 3:
>    From someone with absolutely no Python experience, the line !=
> typically means 'not equal to'.
>
> My guess is that it's looking for 3 command line options.

Specifically, those three command line arguments _should_ be
'/home/dave/uksub2srt/renamesrt.py', '<chanid>', and '<starttime>'.
However, he keeps manually running the python interpreter, rather than
letting the hashbang at the top of the script do its job, resulting in
the four arguments: 'python', '/home/dave/uksub2srt/renamesrt.py',
'<chanid>', and '<starttime>'.