[mythtv-users] FE mini-freezes when watching some recordings

Stefano Pucillo ste.pucc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:23:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any other suggestions also welcome!
>
> If you search the list archive for "Random Short Pauses"  you should
> find a long discussion of what sounds similar to your issue.
>
> If I recall there were several possible cause - of which some were resolvable.
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=%2Brandom+%2Bshort&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=score&mh=25

Hello,
thanks for the link, it's very interesting and it helps me to
understand my current random pause issue is not due to my system.

I have updated my master BE and two FE to 0.24.2 mythtv version, but
pause issue doesn't disappear; does the ringbuffer patch  be applied
to 0.24.2 mythtv version?
If not, will it be added to 0.24.x development?

thanks,
regards,
Stefano