[mythtv-users] FE mini-freezes when watching some recordings

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:28:30 UTC 2012

Well thanks for such a long reply!

Mine is a combined BE/FE so io should not be the issue.  I have tried
leaving an SSH terminal logged in during playback and leaving top running,
the pauses don't tie up with corresponding peaks in CPU usage. Its using
the gt430 for video decode and CPU is around 7% when playing back HD
recordings.

The pauses can be anything from a second or two up to over a minute and the
box is completely unresponsive during this time.  I'm going to try to set
it to record the SD equivalent channels for a few days and see if it helps.

Can you help me set the -v playback option so it starts when the FE starts
on mythbuntu.  Currently I have to stop the FE and restart from the cli
with the options which I normally forget to do!

Also sometimes when it pauses like this the FE crashes with a video
buffering failed too many times message's but not always

Any other suggestions also welcome!

Cheers

Chris