[mythtv-users] How to clear the program guide and refill it?

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 05:01:50 UTC 2012

Hello fellow Mythtv users,

I am just getting started and am currently working on the program guide.

Got the mythfilldatabase to refresh-all the information on a regular basis
now but seem to have started out with some duplicate channels.

Is there a way to clear that information and re-rerun my filldatabase
routine to re-populate this information?

The run to filldatabase is happening each day so that is a minor issue.
Just need to clear up the duplicate channel listings.

In looking at the program guide I see duplicates similar to this:

           5                       NO DATA

Next line.

       5                           Ringer:

(5KRCW)                    It Just Got Normal

The first occurrence appears to be a ghost entry of some kind.

The second occurrence looks to be correct program information.

I think I need to clear the database information somehow and re-fill the
program information.

Any suggestions?