[mythtv-users] Black screen after un-pause and other weirdness (VDPAU)

Olivier Calle olivier at calle.org
Mon Dec 31 19:18:13 UTC 2012

I've been experiencing some weird playback issues and I'm wondering if
anyone has seen something similar.
Setup:
OpenSUSE 12.2 with nVidia card (two different machines exhibit the same
problems)
Kernel 3.4.11
MythTV 0.26 from Packman and I tested a source build from fixes/0.26
with no change.
I've tried nvidia driver versions 304.64, 310.19 and 295.75 with no
change.
I'm using vdpau slim playback.

My setup on both machines used to work, though unfortunately, I am
unable to pinpoint when it broke, but it was before the 0.26 upgrade I
did a while back.

Symptoms:
1. A full screen green flash before playback begins
2. Pausing playback is fine: display shows paused image
3. Un-pausing playback puts up a black screen, but the audio from the
recording can be heard
4. Some older MPEG2 recordings playback with a messed up hue (blue
faces)

If any of this sounds familiar, I would appreciate any suggestions. Or,
are there other details that would be useful?

Thanks,

--
Olivier Calle