[mythtv-users] mythweb not deleting recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 31 14:16:00 UTC 2012

On 12/29/2012 08:27 PM, Andy Mizerak wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2012, at 13:49, Paul Stillwell wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think this is new behaviour with 0.25.  What I see when deleting a recording is that it's actually moved into the 'Deleted' recording group.  It then seems to actually get deleted a bit later (something like an hour later, but I've not measured).  I assume this is so that you have a window to recover it if you've deleted it accidentally.
>>>
>>> Alex
>> After doing some more experiments, it does appear that recordings are being deleted, albeit slowly. I think this is new behavior from 0.24.
>>
>> Thanks for all the help!
>>
>> Paul
> Yeah, I checked, that delete-slowly option is on like page 3 under "General" in the mythtv-backend-setup.

Use of the Deleted recording group--which is now always used for all
systems as a general-purpose "delete queue"--is very different from the
"Delete files slowly" setting.  There is a setting for how long to keep
recordings in the Deleted recording group--you can set it to delete
recording files as soon as possible, after any number of days, up to a
year, or "as needed" (i.e. when the file system is full and more space
is needed for a recording).

See:

Time to retain deleted recordings (days)
Determines the maximum number of days before undeleting a recording will
become impossible. A value of zero means the recording will be
permanently deleted between 5 and 20 minutes later. A value of minus one
means recordings will be retained until space is required. A recording
will always be removed before this time if the space is needed for a new
recording.

in mythfrontend settings under the main General settings section.

Mike||