[mythtv-users] Pausing issues

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:24:26 UTC 2012

@Josu:
I was finally able to work on, and fix the pausing problem.  Modifying the
following mysql variables fixed the pausing problem:

[mysqld]
tmp_table_size = 67108864
max_heap_table_size = 67108864
query_cache_limit = 8388608
query_cache_size = 33554432

In addition, I also setup /tmp as tmpfs, whereas it was originally part of
the / partition.  This did not contribute as part of the solution, but
seemed more like a mysql performance tweak

@Curtis:
I ran into severe lag issues with mysql and ext4, so I downgraded the file
system on /var to ext3 with noatime.  However, despite that setup, I was
still experiencing the pausing issues.

-Rob