[mythtv-users] ATrpms or rpmfusion?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Sun Dec 30 03:00:53 UTC 2012

On Dec 29, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Monkey Pet wrote:

> I had the same experience as paul.  I had been a long-time ATrpms user, but eventually switched over the RPMfusion and been happy.
>

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Paul Stillwell <bigboi at wackywombats.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that ATrpms seems to be slightly behind rpmfusion in terms of which version of myth they are each offering. ATrpms is at 0.25.3 and I think rpmfusion is at 0.25.6. Does anyone know if either have plans to create a 0.26 package? I'm not complaining because I realize that people have other things to do than create packages. I'm just curious.
>
> Paul,
> I've been a long-time ATrpms user, but I just upgraded my backend and frontends for F17 and used RPMfusion's 0.26 RPMs as well as their Nvidia drivers.  I also downloaded RPMfusion's SRPM and rebuilt the RPMs with the latest 0.26-fixes patches applied.  It was a piece of cake.
>
> /Brian/

What's the process for switching? I'm guessing its this:

1. Back up database
2. Remove ATrpm mythtv via 'yum remove mythtv'
3. Disable ATrpm in yum.conf.d
4. Download the rpmfusion yum repo file
5. Enable the rpmfusion repo
6. 'yum install mythtv'
7. Do I need to create a "dummy' mysql database to restore to?
8. Restore my old database

Can anyone confirm those steps?

When I looked at the web site for rpmfusion, it looked like there wasn't any 0.26 packages. All I saw was 0.25.6 I think. Are you sure you got 0.26?

Paul