[mythtv-users] how to limit program database table ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Dec 30 00:53:44 UTC 2012

On Sunday 30 December 2012 01:28:59 Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 12/29/2012 19:07, Martin Koller wrote:
> > Shouldn't mythtv at some point in time remove the old guide data from the db automatically ?
> > If so, can I configure the period it keeps ?
>
> MythTV should be deleting any program guide data more than seven days
> old as part of its daily cleanup routine. In 0.25, that was increased to
> ten days and made configurable, although doing so required tinkering in
> the database.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/housekeeper.cpp?h=fixes/0.23#n555

Thanks a lot for the link.
I think I found my problem - look at the content of the housekeeping table:

mysql> select * from housekeeping;
+------------------------+---------------------+
| tag                    | lastrun             |
+------------------------+---------------------+
| DailyCleanup           | 2013-02-03 21:10:19 |
| JobQueueRecover-martin | 2013-02-03 22:26:03 |
| MythFillDB             | 2012-12-29 06:48:33 |
| LogClean               | 2013-02-03 21:55:44 |
| BackupDB               | 2010-05-24 12:05:14 |
| DBCleanup              | 2009-11-15 14:39:31 |
+------------------------+---------------------+

I remember that I had a broken battery in my server, and sometime after a new boot
the clock was completely wrong ... therefore I seem to have dates in the future here!

I already replaced the battery, so I hope when I correct these entries all things will
work correctly again.

P.S.:It would probably be a good idea to check for such a situation in the code,
e.g. if the lastrun timestamp is in the future, issue at least a warning or
simply ignore it, run the housekeeper job and store the current time.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion