[mythtv-users] how to limit program database table ?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 30 00:28:59 UTC 2012

On 12/29/2012 19:07, Martin Koller wrote:
> Shouldn't mythtv at some point in time remove the old guide data from the db automatically ?
> If so, can I configure the period it keeps ?

MythTV should be deleting any program guide data more than seven days
old as part of its daily cleanup routine. In 0.25, that was increased to
ten days and made configurable, although doing so required tinkering in
the database.

http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/housekeeper.cpp?h=fixes/0.23#n555

If the code detailed there is failing to run, you should see something
about the error in your backend logs.