[mythtv-users] mythweb not deleting recordings?

Andy mizeraka at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 12:34:41 UTC 2012

Re: [mythtv-users] mythweb not deleting recordings?
Friday, December 28, 2012 2:06 PM

"Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>

To:
"Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Paul Stillwell wrote:
>It appears that myth web isn't deleting recordings. If I look at the directory that my recordings are stored in, it appears that they are stored in some kind of date/time format. For example, if I recorded something on December 27 at 1pm then it looks like I get some files that have names like this: <some number>_20121227130000.<don't care>. If I delete that recording via mythweb, then when I look at the directory, I still see the files there. Also, according to the backend status page, the directory hasn't reduced in size.
>
>I'm running the latest version from ATrpm which I believe to be 0.25.3. I had to do some hand mods to some of the php code due to php errors (this appears to be a known issue with PHP 5.4 based on googling around) so maybe something in there messed something up? Anyone else seeing anything like this? Any suggestions?

FYI - the first bit of the filename is the card (tuner) ID and channel ID - so IIRC it's something like 1234 would mean channel 234 on tuner 1.

As to your question, what is your setting for deleting recordings. There's an option (can't remember the name) for keeping delted recordings for a configurable time. The idea is that when you delte something, you've a few days to change your mind. Deleted recordings are moved to a Delted Recordings group and only physically removed when the keep-time expires or some disk space is needed (I think they are removed in preference to auto-expiring other recordings).

In the Backend set-up (somewhere, can't remember where exactly), there is an option to delete recordings slowly.  Make sure that is unchecked.  That solved this problem for me.