[mythtv-users] python bindings and timezones

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:06:20 UTC 2012

There is something funny with my system and it seems to be related to
timezones.

I can't see why when using the python bindings the reported time of
the recording is as below.  The recording was made at 1858 (UTC+0)
which corresponds to the filename but the details in the returned data
list the time in (UTC+1)

That time is "correct" in that it is correct for that timezone but why
would it report it that way?

$ python
Python 2.7.3 (default, Aug  1 2012, 05:16:07)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2
>>> from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded
>>> db = MythDB()
>>> be = MythBE(backend=db.gethostname(), db=db)
>>> recorded_list = list(db.searchRecorded(basename="7940_20121228185800.mpg"))
>>> recorded_list
[<Recorded 'Earthflight','2012-12-28 19:58:00+01:00' at 0xb663ee3cL>]

As far as I can tell my system is set for the correct timezone:

$ cat /etc/timezone
Europe/London

$ date
Fri Dec 28 23:01:31 GMT 2012

$ export
declare -x TZ="Europe/London"

The problem that I am trying to solve is discussed in

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532813?do=post_view_flat#532813

and is basically that I cannot delete recordings using the python bindings.

So what I am seeing here may not be related but it seems odd to me so
I'm trying to explain it before looking elsewhere.

Cheers
Stephen

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-55-g09ac5b2
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26