[mythtv-users] Remove a Storage Group

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 21:16:10 UTC 2012

On Dec 28, 2012 10:13 AM, "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2012 9:58 AM, "Robert Dege" <livemotion at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Mike,
> >
> > I currently have two HDDs in my system.  One is mounted as /myth is
partitioned to hold photos, music, movies, fanart, livetv, and recording
shows (/myth/shows1).  The other disk is partitioned for the OS, and
recording shows (/myth/shows2).  Both directories (/myth/shows1,
/myth/shows2) are listed in the Default Storage Group.

> > When watching certain shows that are actively recording, I experience a
1 sec pause, every 5-7 seconds.  It was determined that this was caused by
using the OS disk for recording shows (something about the amount of IO
generated by Mysql).  I do not experience this pausing problem when
watching livetv, since livetv is stored on the other disk.

> > So, my plan is to install a 3rd HDD into the system, add that to the
Default Storage Group (/myth/shows3), and remove the OS disk (/myth/shows2).

> > I want to know if removing /myth/shows2 from the Default Storage Group
will prevent me from watching any previously recorded shows that currently
reside within the /myth/shows2 directory.

> No you won't have access to them. Move them to /myth/shows3.
>
> You may then have a lot of space left on the /mny/shows2 drive.

Oops typo there, should be 'space left on the /myth/shows2 drive...'

Bloody android keyboard.

> It can be profitably used for videos or photos or music.
>
> Mike, what about a 'watch from but don't record to' storage group type?
Actually I guess that pretty well matches a description of the videos
collection :)