[mythtv-users] tuner priorities

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 08:54:44 UTC 2012

On 27 Dec 2012 05:53, "Kevin Johnson" <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am confused as to how I should order my tuners.  I have 4 tuners.
> I watch a lot of live tv. (Yes I know, it's a sin)
> Anyway, with the changes that have been made lately, what is the best way
to order my tuners... livetv / Recording priorities?

> Have first tuner be 1 on live tv and 4 on recordings?
> tuner 2 would be 2 for live tv and 3 for recordings?
> and so on.
> OR
> Have the first tuner be 1 for livetv and 1 for recordings?
> Tuner 2 would be 2 for livetv and 2 for recordings?
> and so on.
> Thanks.

Just do them in reverse, so live tv is more unlikely to interfere with
recordings, unless all 4 tuners were being used for recordings of course.

So:

tuner 1 would be 1 for recordings and 4 for live tv
tuner 2 would be 2 for recordings and 3 for live tv
tuner 3 would be 3 for recordings and 2 for live tv
tuner 4 would be 4 for recordings and 1 for live tv
Martin