[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend not waking up?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Wed Dec 26 21:36:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem. I think mythfrontend is doing something strange with the video after waking up. I just did a fresh install of Fedora 17 on a brand new SSD. I installed myth from ATrpms so I think I am running 0.25.3 version of myth. Previously, I had 0.24.<unknown> running on this exact hardware using a separate hard drive (which I replaced with the SSD). I did a backup of the database on the old hard drive and restored it onto the new SSD. Everything seemed to be working ok, but I noticed that if I left mythfrontend running and turned the TV and the receiver off then sometimes when I turned the TV and receiver back on, I wouldn't get any video. I can move the mouse or hit any of the keys and no video. I thought maybe the problem had something to do with the graphics driver, but if I exit mythfrontend and then turn the TV and receiver off, then later (usually overnight) turn the TV and receiver back on, then I always get video after moving the mouse. I'm sure the problem I am seeing has a time component to it because if mythfrontend is running and I leave it overnight (with the TV and receiver turned off) then I don't get any video the next day. If I don't have mythfrontend running and do the same thing, video works fine the next day. As an added bit of mystery, I am pretty sure that if mythfrontend is running and the video isn't coming out to the TV, if I am using the keys to navigate through the myth menus, I can play a recording and get sound, but no video.

Anyone have any suggestions? The WAF is going through the floor at this moment!

Paul