[mythtv-users] Recording wierdness

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Wed Dec 26 14:39:23 UTC 2012

After an angry wife missed a recording I tried to work out what was
happening.  Final straw was missing Dr Who from last night.  I have 2 x
HDHR Dual tuners and an HDHR Prime with cablecard.  Am not sure if the
behavior is specific to the prime or not.  If we setup a recording and
watch it concurrently live, the recording never appears in the DefaultTV
folder.  However, I can go in the LiveTV folder and find 2 x copies of
the recording.  Moving it is not a problem as long as I spot it before
it expires.

MythWeb reports that the recording is still in progress hours after
it's done and commercials are never flagged.

This is on an git built from 0.26/fixes from Friday.  Let me know if
you want other information.