[mythtv-users] A beginner's questions (Linux and MythTV)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Dec 24 16:39:22 UTC 2012

As Joseph has said,

Myth is really a 24/7 dedicated hardware system. And in that, I'd offer also that distro's towards easy appliance functionality like LinHES (which is what I use) make it easy to take some spare hardware and make it a combined FrontEnd/BackEnd system (FE/BE) or just a BE or just an FE -- all from the same install CD!

no wrestling with OS installs and package management -- everything you need to make a Myth starter system (or even a multi-FE system) is on a single CD.

I'd consider checking that out.

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.