[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 won't change refresh rate correctly

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 22:31:22 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 December 2012 17:16, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The modeline notation is a xorg thing, why would it be impacted by
> nvidia drivers?
>
> though if nvidia changed their libnvctrl protocol, that could be a reason...
>
> JY

Hmm... Perhaps I was mistaken?  I was having problems using 30X.*
drivers and emailed a Nvidia dev about it.  This was his reply:

"The 3xx series of drivers revamped how modes are handled, so that the
mode listed is really the actual physical timings being sent to the
monitor, and scaling is performed either by using the RandR 1.2
transform configuration options, or through the new ViewPortIn /
ViewPortOut syntax in the MetaModes."

I never was able to get it working so I stuck with 295.75.  Maybe I'll
try again and see if I can make it work.