[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Service for OTA Coverage

Jay Foster jayfoster at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 23 19:15:51 UTC 2012

On 12/23/2012 04:00 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:08:27 -0500
> From: Joseph Fry<joe at thefrys.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Service for OTA Coverage
>
> <SNIP>

    I think the question is, "how do you create a video source
    containing both lineups". The input connections page in setup only
    allows you to link a single source to each tuner, and each source
    only allows you to select a single lineup. This seems like a common
    scenario using SD with OTA channels, I know many people who receive
    channels from two separate cities on the same antenna, and SD may
    not contain a single lineup with all of those channels. It would be
    nice if SD had the option to merge two lineups, or if a video source
    could have more than one lineup. Is there a trick to this I am not
    aware of? It doesn't effect me, but I am curious.

I have always used two "lineups" with SD to get data for all of my OTA
channels.  I don't know about creating video sources with lineups in
MythTV, as I have never done that.  To me, the idea of a lineup is just
silly, since no one else has the same set of channels that I do.

I just manually enter the XMLTV ID for each channel in the channel
editor for each input.  I have 6 tuners, each on it's own input.  I
probably could use two inputs (I have two independent antennas), but I
find it easier to determine which tuner is being used when each tuner is
assigned it's own input.

Jay