[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Service for OTA Coverage

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 00:26:31 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if this is where I should write about this but it seems that MythTV developers are also in charge of Schedules Direct.

I have a channel lineup for my area based on Antenna coverage.  I also have a amplified directional antenna that picks up some programming that would normally be outside the normal reception scope of the average Antenna.  Is there a way to extend the channel list of schedules direct to include channels that would normally be just outside the range of the average user?  Or can I setup specific channels to preform EIT gathering while populating the other channels using schedules direct?

At one point I considered dropping schedules direct, but the amount of Guide data that I obtain is very good!  Much better than what the cable provider gives their cable boxes.  I'm a big fan of getting 2 weeks worth of guide data!

Maybe I can add more than 1 lineup?  Or merge 2 lineups into a master lineup?  One from this area and another from where my directional antenna is pointed.  So far I haven't had any channel conflicts or anything and the reception is great.  I added a 24db gain General Electric drop amp to the mix and now I get 49 stations OTA.  Including 2 different ABC's from 2 area's.

Anyhow, I didn't know if anyone has ran into any issues like this and knew a good solution to fix it.  Thanks!

Raymond Boettcher

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android