[mythtv-users] Myth's internal lossless transcode

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:11:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just wondering what's happening with Myth's internal lossless
>> transcode. ...how did mythtranscode going from 100% solid to a
>> 100% failure for many of us?
>
> No idea, but after someone else posted here about the 0.25
> mythtranscode working fine with 0.26, I reinstalled it (by downloading
> 0.25 source, recompiling, and then manually copying over mythtranscode
> and the necessary libraries), and it's been working like a charm for
> me.

Yeah, I've heard that too and have done it as well, but it's a pain to
remember to replace it each time I do security updates on my system.
Not knowing the development process I'm just curious how, if the old
one works, it's not tossed back into .26? Why is there still a broken
component in .26?

Kevin, I'm not on master, but are you saying that it could be external
ffmpeg code? Should I be updating my ffmpeg and see if that fixes the
issue?