[mythtv-users] Myth's internal lossless transcode

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:51:50 UTC 2012

Just wondering what's happening with Myth's internal lossless
transcode. I used it all the time to save space cutting the
commercials out while not compressing the program itself.

When I moved to .26 the mythtranscode stopped working as per
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11090

I've been using the new Lossless Cut program but with my HDHomerun
recordings I've noticed issues with the cuts being slightly off or the
audio sync drifting to a noticeable error. For me the lossless cut
mode of mythtranscode worked and worked like gold.

I'm not able to code in the language used for Myth so I don't know
what's changed, but how did mythtranscode going from 100% solid to a
100% failure for many of us? That's not meant to be a knock, but I'm
just curious what changed between .25 and .26 and why there isn't much
noise about it. I know many argue against compression transcoding here
not worth the CPU/power cost, but I thought the view was different for
lossless transcoding.