[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 06:07:39 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Michael Watson <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>
Sent:Sat 15-12-2012 22:51
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;
Updated version.  The response from the channel change doesn't seem to
provide anything to determine if the change was successful or not, so
after sending the channel change command, it now checks the current
channel a second time, to check that it has changed to the correct channel.

I had thought of adding a function to download the channel data from
http://tv.sky.com/channel/index, process and update the channel guide
file we are using.

Enjoy.

Regards,
Michael Watson

Hi Michael,

Yes, that seems to work ok, although I'm not sure how I can set up a fail condition, although a false fail condition happens if I switch from watching a recording (on the sky box) to a live channel - I think a small delay needs to exist before checking the channel a second time (maybe a second or 2), otherwise the sky box returns the previous channel/pvr information.

I think a function to download that channel guide information would be a very good idea - I don't think the channel id's are likely to change, but the channel numbers change on a fairly regular basis. Presumably Sky themselves maintain this file, so it is probably a better source of channel data than the file we have been using.

Am I right in thinking that you don't have a sky+hd box yourself to try all this out on? If so, hats off to you for doing all this "blind".

Regards,

Dave