[mythtv-users] Schema issue

eric millham emillham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:09:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/14/2012 12:21 PM, eric millham wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Michael T. Dean <
>> mtdean at thirdcontact.com>**wrote:

>> ls /usr/{,local/}{lib/{libmyth*,****mythtv},include/mythtv}

>> thanks for all the ideas!
>>

> Hmmm, would have expected the locate or the ls ... to find more than one
> mythbackend.
>
> If you've already solved this, kindly ignore the rest.
>
> So, when the backend is started in *buntu, the command line comes from
> /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf and the stock line looks like this:
>
>   /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
>
> To duplicate that from the command line, you would run:
>
>   sudo /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
>
> Is that what you're typing? (I'm asking because the initial post in this
> thread
> only said: mythbackend.)
>
> What does: file /usr/bin/mythbackend return (executable or shell script?)
>
> Does: locate -b '\mythbackend.real' '\mythbackend.sh' find any duplicate
> files?
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks for the help - in the end I punted and removed mythbuntu from ubuntu
and then re-installed. I then had an issue with it setting the pw
differently in home/myth from home/<myid> with the file in <myid> having
the proper mysql pw and because of this I could start the backend from
command line but not as a service. Maybe that was part of the initial
issue.... I copied the config.xml and all was well.