[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Dec 14 20:48:31 UTC 2012

Not a Problem, happy to assist.   I am by no means an expert in python
either, but if you need help with the error handling and checking of
current channel, let me know. I will need an example of the data
returned after a successful channel change, and after a change when its
already on that channel.  I found the code to query the current channel.
but it looks a bit vague.

Current playing or current channel is returned by:
SkyControl SkyPlay GetMediaInfo
Set InstanceID value to: 0

CurrentURI : xsi://17FC
This indicates channel ITV1 Meridian South or
CurrentURI : file://pvr/29004438
in the case of a recording.