[mythtv-users] convert video format

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:10:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>
>> EEEM.1x48.Bogota.DVBRiP.Pica.avi
>

> Googling the filename does seem to show a few places to download a
> similarly named file :)
>
> Josu, if you are using a file like that and want to post to the list about
> it use a different filename!

Josu I am unsure if you have ion or ion2.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/280.13/README/supportedchips.html

tells me that ion supports feature set B1 and ion2 supports feature set C

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/280.13/README/vdpausupport.html

tells me that Feature Set B does not support xvid style codecs, Feature Set
C does.

However I have always found xvid stuff plays ok in cpu. mediainfo shows a
bitrate that shouldn't be unreasonably high even for a single core atom.