[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 21:29:24 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
Sent:Thu 16-08-2012 21:14
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On 8/16/2012 10:38, Dave Pearson wrote:
> Before anyone says why don't I do it myself - I'm not clever enough!

Sure you are, you just don't know you are. Grab a copy of wireshark or
tcpdump and have at it. Just start it up, and record the communications
between the iPad and the STB as you perform various actions. The only
real difficulty would be if they decided it was necessary to perform
some kind of authentication between the STB and application, or worse,
encrypted the communication.

OK, I wasn't clever enough to use wireshark to figure out how to send the control commands to my SKY+HD Box, but someone else was (http://www.gladdy.co.uk/blog/2012/08/21/the-skyhd-picasso-dnla-control-server-protocol/ <http://www.gladdy.co.uk/blog/2012/08/21/the-skyhd-picasso-dnla-control-server-protocol/> ) and using the information on that page I have been able to use firefox poster to send a command to change the channel. I'm now trying to take what I'm using in poster to create a bash script that I can use to change the channel in mythtv, unfortunately I'm having no luck with curl at all.

This is what I'm POSTing using poster:

headers:

SOAPACTION: urn:schemas-nds-com:service:SkyPlay:2#SetAVTransportURI

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

body:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.smlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<s:Body>

<u:SetAVTransportURI xmlns:u="urn:schemas-nds-com:service:SkyPlay:2">

<InstanceID>0</InstanceID>

<CurrentURI>xsi://ff0</CurrentURI>

<CurrentURIMetaData>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</CurrentURIMetaData>

</u:SetAVTransportURI>

</s:Body>

</s:Envelope>

Using the above code in poster I mange to change the channel to ff0, which is the hex code for channel 113 (Universal HD), unfortunately I just cannot figure out how I can get curl to POST the body text (I think the headers are being passed correctly. I'm sure this is really simple, but I'm just stuck! any help will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Dave