[mythtv-users] ticket 10504 and php-5.4.8-1.fc17.x86_64

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 12 16:40:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-12 17:26, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> The logic is fine.
>> I doubt that.
>> Silently interpreting a default string as empty if not logical in any
>> way.
>> A default name could be interpreted as an unconfigured system, so yell
>> about that instead.
>
> That "default" LocalHostName ("my-unique-identifier-goes-here") is /not/
> a default.

[root at recorder mythtv]# rpm -qf  /etc/mythtv/config.xml
mythtv-common-0.26.0-0.1.git.1.fc17.x86_64
[root at recorder mythtv]# grep LocalHostName /etc/mythtv/config.xml
  <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>

QED.
(and no, I use the config.xml in mythtv's home directory)

>  It is a sentinel value that specifically means, "no
> specified value".  It is the one and only disallowed value for the
> LocalHostName profile identifier.

You can argue all you want.
Discarding it and treating it as it is now does not help in any way.
Please dedicate a specific message to the case of finding this string as
it is a default.

The logic is fatally flawed and this is just an example.
Or do you need an updated graph of growing VSZ & RSS values for a
certain backend process?

My box is running once again.
So I do not need the fix right away.
But think about how many others you might help with just a small change
in the code.

Udo