[mythtv-users] HD Homerun HDHR3-EU DBV-C working with mythtv 0.26?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Dec 11 23:36:41 UTC 2012

On 11.12.2012 20:45, Daniel Di Giacomo wrote:
> Am 11.12.12 19:11, schrieb Karl Dietz:
>> On 11.12.2012 18:40, Daniel Di Giacomo wrote:
>>> Does anyone have this combination working?
>>> Especially with german cabel-TV-provider unitymedia?
>>
>> It should work, just keep in mind that the HDHR3-EU works only for
>>    DVB-C (unencrypted digital cable TV)
>> which is not a lot at the moment. (only ARD and ZDF stations in SD plus
>> two/three main HD channels DasErste, ZDF and maybe ARTE)
>> (might get more next year due to the offer to the cartel authority and
>> maybe someone giving in wrt the public HD channels)

> I know that it should work, but it does not (at least for me:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10947).
> I was just asking to see if there's anyone at all who has this working.

looking at your backend log I see excessive logging which might add to
the issue you are seeing.
Applying this patch
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/10495/0005-fix-Failed-CRC-check-0xVARIABLE-0xVARIABLE-for-Strea.2.patch
fixes all the false CRC errors of ECM/EMM tables (it also disables CRC
checking for Dish Net EIT which is why its not been applied as is)

Regards,
Karl