[mythtv-users] .26 rpms for Centos 6.3

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Dec 10 19:20:39 UTC 2012

On 10/12/12 18:14, Russell Gower wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2012, at 14:21, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Ijaaz A. Ullah
>> <ijaaz at digitalmethods.com> wrote:
>>> Are there any repositories that have Centos 6 rpms for .26?
>>>
>>> Atrpms seems like it's down and rpmfusion only has 25.2
>>
>> Well I don't know what to do at this point. There's something
>> different about CentOS that is causing issues. I did a fresh install
>> of CentOS 6.3 this weekend and I couldn't get MythTV to work at all. I
>> even tried backing down to 0.25.3 and still no go. I ended up wiping
>> it and going with Fedora 17... I was really trying to get out of the 6
>> month update cycle... Maybe next time :)
>
> I'm running .25.2 on CentOS 6 (currently still on 6.2), I run separate front end and backend systems on bare minimum builds. I build the RPM's myself using the scripts in the git packaging repository.
>
> I can provide the output from "yum list installed" and "chkconfig --list" from each system and the kick start files I use to build the systems if it helps.
>
> Russell

The post below has a link to srpms, spec files and notes for 0.26 that
are said to based on the ATrpms distribution, working under Scientific
Linux 6.3, and 'should work on any rpm based system.'  I'm afraid I
haven't yet tried to use them myself;  they still seem to be in the
dropbox.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/16455#16455

ATrpms has just been updated with (for f16) a couple of nvidia kmdls; it
seems that the matching kernels haven't yet reached the fedora-updates repo.

John P